Tuesday, March 20, 2007

the first day if the rest of your life

So I went to rehab.

I didn't think it would mean much to myself, other than reset my "get drunk" circuitry and give me a "Bert Vacation," that is, a rest from the drunkard life.... Three squares and clean sheets and a rest....

But something unexpected happened..... all that shit about life, and control, and recovery? It stuck....

So I am sorry everyone, but from now on I will be sober.....




Seriously, it DID stick.... I had a beer in my fridge when I arrived home today. I drank it. I felt sick. Physically and mentally. All that stuff about triggers they told me about? They were right.

Alot more to come, but I have won the first battle..... control.....

My vice right now, that I am imbibing in?

Grape jelly on white toast.

And I just told a guy with a case of cold beer to get lost.

I feel like a little kid on xmas..... but my present is a chance.

A chance to enjoy life for a change.

I am positive that I will be writing much more shortly, so stay tuned.

I think I have a few stories to tell.

No comments: